Last June, Jim was proud to travel to Washington D.C. along with his wife Nancy, President and CEO of the Center for Reproductive Rights, to lobby members of the New Jersey Congressional Delegation to cosponsor the Women Health Protection Act. Since then, those battles have only grown more urgent. Jim will fight against Republican attempts to restrict access to essential healthcare, put measures in place to ensure bodily autonomy and protect women from physical harm and violence, and expand economic opportunities for all women, regardless of race, immigration status, income status, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Enforce the ACA provision that insurance companies can no longer discriminate based on sex
- Restore family planning funding
- Ensure funding for Planned Parenthood
- Protect safe and legal access to abortion
- Create a state funded program that ensures women have coverage for annual preventive exams and birth control
- Ensure victims of domestic violence have access to care and shelter
- Sign legislation to forbid prisons from shackling pregnant inmates